Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Typed dataset problem - VS2005 web proxy ref

Typed dataset problem - VS2005 web proxy ref

ev

Hi,

I have a question regarding using typed dataset between our application
tiers – web and application servers.
We have a business objects project which holds all our typed dataset objects.
The typed datasets are supposed to be our data protocol between the web and
the app.
In visual studio 2005 we have a problem with the proxy – when we add web
reference to a service that uses the typed dataset (from the business object
project), we can’t relate to it in the client web application. The proxy
knows only it own self generated typed dataset object.
In VS 2003 I used to remove the proxy code that was related to the typed
dataset and add using statement for the business object assembly.
As I understand, due to the new compilation model this is not possible
anymore (I really can’t do it the same way).
I tried to find some assistance within Microsoft and other but there’s no
appropriate answer.
Do you know what should we do in this scenario?
I’m sure that transporting typed dataset between client and service
application is possible.

Thanks