Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > PerformanceCounter for a specific process

PerformanceCounter for a specific process

Avi

Hi Experts,

I would like to get the memory used and cpu usage for a specific process.
How do I go about doing it?

Thanks a million,
Avi

Josh Twist

Welcome to the world of perfmon.

To get started go to Start > Run > perfmon

Now have a play and add some new counters. There are even special
counters for managed (.NET) activities too.

Next, have a search for help on perfmon using google etc.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Avi

Thanks Josh for your reply.

I know perfmon and I use it extensively. However, I would like to do the
same from my code because I make decisions based on that data.

Is there a class or API which I can use to get the memory and cpu which are
used by a single process (and not for the while system). I need to be able
to do it FROM within my .NET applicatoin?

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...