Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService To WebService HTTP Connection Limit

WebService To WebService HTTP Connection Limit

Scott

I have a .Net web service (OPR) that receives requests from a variety
of real-time applications. The OPR web service calls another remote web
service (OPW) on a remote machine.

The problem that I'm having is that I'm exceeding the default HTTP
connection limit of 2 connections between the two web services.

MSDN documentation
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...y/en-us/cpgenr
ef/html/gngrfaddelementforconnectionmanagement.asp) says that I can
extend the HTTP limit by overriding the maxConnection attribute on the
connectionManagement element in the app.config or machine.config, but I
get an error when trying to override this element in my web.config:
"Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionManagement'".
Here's a snippet from my web.config:

-------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<connectionManagement>
<add address="*" maxconnection="12"/>
</connectionManagement>
</system.web>
</configuration>
-------------------------

The only other possibility I've found is to set the value in the
registry, but I'm not sure this will work with web services:
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282402>.

Any help on how to overcome the HTTP connection limit between web
services is appreciated.

Thanks.
Scott C

Scott

Scott wrote:

> -------------------------
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <configuration>
> <system.web>
> <connectionManagement>
> <add address="*" maxconnection="12"/>
> </connectionManagement>
> </system.web>
> </configuration>

I put the connectionManagement node in the system.web element instead
of the system.net element.

Scott C.