Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > use .net WSE3 COM component in unmanaged prog. language (VB6 or C++ 6)

use .net WSE3 COM component in unmanaged prog. language (VB6 or C++ 6)

Florian Harbich

[X-POST & FUP-2: microsoft.public.webservices]

Hi Codegurus

I hope this is the right group for my problem:

I wrote a COM component in Microsoft Visual C# that communicates
with a ASP.NET Webservice using WSE3.
When I want to use this component in a Visual Basic 6 or unmanaged c++
Application, I always get the error

"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Policy '<mypolicyname>' is not configured in the system"

The policy is defined in an wse3policyCache.config file which is referenced
in app.config as usual.

When I compile and run the component as Application
(with Main Method for testing) everything works fine.

It seems that I have to "load" the policy in the application
that uses the component instead of attatching it to the component itself,
but how do I do this as there's no app.config or something alike.

--
Greetings,
Florian

there are 11 kind of people, those who know this joke and laugh, those who
know but don't understand and those who don't even know...