Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Asynch calls from a Web Form

Asynch calls from a Web Form

Hans Baumann

Hi, I'm researching on how to make a Async Web Service call from a Web Form,
I've founded two very interesting ways (using the common asynch method and
the other using PreRequestHandler, but I'm trying to make a call that could
last more than 3-4 minutes, so I don't mind if the page ends its browser
render and the method still working.

Is there a way I can make such thing? It is better to implement Ajax?

Should I make a service and forget calling it from a Web Form?