Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > IIS, Webservices and Pocket PC

IIS, Webservices and Pocket PC

Microsoft - Mobile

Hello all,

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem I am having in the calling of a web
service runing on IIS 5.1 on a Windows XP Pro box from a Symbol Windows
Mobile handheld. This has been working, but something I have done code
wise, or configuration wise has discontinued the working of it.

My mobile application calls the webservice, and then seems to wait about 1
minute or so, and then a
System.NullReference exception is passed back as the error message (quite a
generic message). I built messaging into the web service which writes to an
XML file in order to see where it is failing, but there are no lines in the
XML file when I check after the error message is received.

This said, If I copy the XML file that the web service is supposed to be
processing to the PC from the Mobile unit, and into the
InetPub\wwwroot\webservice folder and run the webservice via debug mode it
works flawlessly every time processing the file that way.

I am terrible at IIS configuration,security and permissions. Does anyone
have any ideas for me?

-> Jason