Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Properties in web services

Properties in web services

Shimon Sim

hi
I need to create property in web service. Scenario - user information.
I would create property User and client will assign information to user
class (just username string) and service can use it every time a method will
be called.
How do I create a property for WS? Any examples?
Thank you,
Shimon

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello Shimon,

How about adding a parameter in the web method to pass the User's property?
In Web service, you can save the property in session so that you only need
to pass the property information at first call.

Or you may take a look at this article about how to achieve this with
cookie.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q820528

If there is any further question, please feel free to let me know.

Luke