Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > web service in cluster question

web service in cluster question

Bernie.Yung

Hi,

Here is my situation, we have 8 web servers with a web service in each of
them. An external program invoke a webservice from the first server (by
specifying the IP address of the first server in the URL) to generate a file
and then distribute this file across all other 7 servers every day.

It was working for while but the problem is now that from the log that we
see that after the invocation, the file is generated in the second server and
sometimes in the third server instead of the first one. How can this happen?

thanks,
Bernie

Bernie.Yung

I forgot to mention that, in the webservice it creates multiple threads to
create the files and I see some files are created on the first server while
the others are in another server. Is it possible that some threads went to
other servers within the web farm?

thanks,
Bernie