Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section

The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section

Satish Babu Dasari

HI,

I have created Webservice project in Visual Studio 2005, by default it is
created the Service.asmx file with the code as

[WebMethod]
public string HelloWorld() {
return "Hello World";
}

I tried to build this project, but it is giving compilation error
"The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section."

Please send me the solution how to solve this problem.

Thank s in advance.

Regards
Satish

Emmanuel DURAND

Hi,

I (also) have created Webservice project in Visual Studio 2003, by default
it is
created the Service.asmx file with the code as

[WebMethod]
public string HelloWorld() {
return "Hello World";
}

I can build this project, I can see first and second pages of asp result
(meaning list of methods and method test button), but when
choose HelloWorld test button I get an HTTP 500 error (internal server
error).
When I refresh (F5) the HTML error page, I get more information you can read
below.

I use .NET 1.1.4, IIS5 and don't understand what happends.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Stack
[InvalidOperationException: Format de demande non reconnu.] (unknown demand
format)

System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.CoreGetHandler(Type
type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)

System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFac tory.GetHandler(HttpContex
t context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +699

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Http Application+IExecutionStep
..Execute() +95
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +173