Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Subsrciption based web service

Subsrciption based web service

WebMatrix

Hello,

We have a web service for a few clients. It's SSL secured, uses Windows
(Basic) Authentication, each client has its own login. The managment want to
expend it to other clients, but provide "subscription based" service. Where
one pays a monthly fee to use it.
Now, I suggested using excisting infrastructure Basic Authentication, just
disable Windows account when subsription expires. But managment wants as
little administration as possible. Sure, I can create a user table in db, but
would not it be as much admin? Someone would still have to sign clients up
and enter new user names into database through some admin app or other wise.
If anyone had any experiences with Subsrciption based web service I would
like to hear your comments.

Thank you