Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Call secure web services from Excel 2003

Call secure web services from Excel 2003

mron0210

Hi,

I have created a web service using Visual Studio .Net (Visual Studio
Tools for Office : Excel project) and secured it using WSE 2.0. I
have added a hyperlink in the Excel sheet which when clicked invokes
the web service. It works when I invoke the non secure web service. But
when I try invoking the secure web service using the hyperlink it
completely ignores the secure invocation method.

My guess is Excel does not recognize the security related dll's and
fails to invoke the web service.

Is there any way to call a secure web service from Excel ?

thanks