Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Having trouble starting new ASP.net Web Application in 2003

Having trouble starting new ASP.net Web Application in 2003

Jozef

Hello.

I'm having trouble creating a blank solution (and ASP.net web application)
from my laptop. I own the server (in fact it's sitting right next to me)
and have added the URL to the trusted sites on my laptop. Here are the
details;

This is what I'm selecting from the start page....
>Add New Blank Solution
>Visual Basic Projects,
>ASP.net Web Application

This is hte server / laptop arrangement...
1. I'm trying to install to a Windows 2000 server
2. Client machine is Windows Xp pro not part of the 2000 domain
3. User has comlete administrator rights to the server

This is the error I'm getting...
The error message I'm getting is HTTP:/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

I've set up Visual Studio on the server and added myself to the VS
Developers group, but still get the same message. Is there any way of
changing the URL to a UNC path without VS disabling the OK button?

I can't seem to find much in the help file except things that sound like a
sales pitch. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jozef

FWIW I also got the same error message when I installed VS directly on the
server.