Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > fileiopermission problem

fileiopermission problem

joycsharp

a method of webservice to return the list of filename from the server's disk
d:,when i pulished the webservice to the server and call the method in my
application return a messagebox that there is fileiopermission error .

GCR

Well, the asp.net process runs probably under a security context that
dosesn't have the apropriate NTFS permissions. Quick check: set <identity
impersonate="true" /> in web.config and call the web service directly from
IE: if I'm right, it should work, as long as your user account have the
permission RX on D: