Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WS connection timeout

WS connection timeout

Shachar

Hi All,

When I call a web service on the IIS 5 or 6 I see the connection count
increase by 1 user,

but after a minute the connection is close, connection count decrease by 1
user,

I see it on the Performance Monitor on Web Service\Current Connection.

How can I change the connection time out ?

This phenomenon cause web client performance problem

10x.

GCR

Try setting <sessionState .. timeout="10"... /> in the web.config file on the
web service.

"Shachar" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I call a web service on the IIS 5 or 6 I see the connection count
> increase by 1 user,
>
> but after a minute the connection is close, connection count decrease by 1
> user,
>
> I see it on the Performance Monitor on Web Service\Current Connection.
>
> How can I change the connection time out ?
>
> This phenomenon cause web client performance problem
>
> 10x.

Shachar

Hi,

It don't work
Also I did not want to use session in my web service
and I did not mean the session time out but web connection timeout.

10x.

"GCR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try setting <sessionState .. timeout="10"... /> in the web.config file on
> the
> web service.
>
> "Shachar" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I call a web service on the IIS 5 or 6 I see the connection count
>> increase by 1 user,
>>
>> but after a minute the connection is close, connection count decrease by
>> 1
>> user,
>>
>> I see it on the Performance Monitor on Web Service\Current Connection.
>>
>> How can I change the connection time out ?
>>
>> This phenomenon cause web client performance problem
>>
>> 10x.

Abel Eduardo Pereira

Hi Shachar,

Check the connection timeout value on IIS Manager console for your site.

--

Best regards,

Abel Eduardo Pereira

"Shachar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eQZSzu%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> When I call a web service on the IIS 5 or 6 I see the connection count
> increase by 1 user,
>
> but after a minute the connection is close, connection count decrease by 1
> user,
>
> I see it on the Performance Monitor on Web Service\Current Connection.
>
> How can I change the connection time out ?
>
> This phenomenon cause web client performance problem
>
> 10x.

Shachar

I Tried it , but it seems not effects .net web services.

10x.

news:%233NlMRB$(E-Mail Removed)...