Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service Deployment Question

Web Service Deployment Question

klj_mcsd@hotmail.com

I have a web service that I deployed on 2 different web sites. When I
go to www.mysite.com/ws/ws.asmx I get the page where you can enter
values and right below that it gives you an example of a SOAP envelope.
Well when I deploy my web service on another site (www.yoursite.com)
and go to www.yoursite.com/ws/ws.asmx, the same example of the SOAP
envelope is:

POST /ws/ws.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: yoursite.com
SOAPAction: "http://www.mysite.com/ws/sImage/GetImage"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soap:Body>
<GetImage xmlns="http://www.mysite.com/ws/sImage">
<sSpecNo>string</sSpecNo>
<ImageNo>int</ImageNo>
<ImageDrive>string</ImageDrive>
</GetImage>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

See how it says in the namespace and SOAP action the mysite.com but the
webservice is on another site altogether why does it have mysite.com in
it? Or should I not be worrying about it? Thanks

Martin Kulov

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a web service that I deployed on 2 different web sites. When I
> go to www.mysite.com/ws/ws.asmx I get the page where you can enter
> values and right below that it gives you an example of a SOAP envelope.
> Well when I deploy my web service on another site (www.yoursite.com)
> and go to www.yoursite.com/ws/ws.asmx, the same example of the SOAP
> envelope is:

> See how it says in the namespace and SOAP action the mysite.com but the
> webservice is on another site altogether why does it have mysite.com in
> it? Or should I not be worrying about it? Thanks

Hi,
This is actually the namespace of your webservice. It does not have to be
the same as the URL of the site where the service is hosted. Search the
group for namespace related topics.

Regards,

--
Martin Kulov