Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Adding Web References in Windows Apps

Adding Web References in Windows Apps

Chandra

Adding Web References to asmx files in Windows seems to require a new name
for every reference added.

For Web Apps this doesnt seem to be a problem. The Add Web Reference dialog
accepts the same name for multiple asmxs' added.

BUt for windows apps it creates folders/namespaces like localhost1,
localhost2 etc.

The problem is described here in more detail.
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/webrefrename.asp

Is there a solution for this in VS.Net 2005 using UDDI or DISCO or any other
mechanism. We want to add a bunch of services that are in a project as web
references in the same name space.

Thanks

GCR

The problem is that, when you add a web reference, the name you give to that
web reference is actually the namespace for the proxy class and for the used
types. Since you have "a bunch of services" as you mentioned, you might get
into the situation of having a type name used more than once under the same
namespace for different classes. That is why I would advise either to leave
VS handle this by default, or take very good car of what you do when you
change the namespaces for your web references!