Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to call Web Service from ASP

How to call Web Service from ASP

Thanh Nguyen

Hi,

Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
page?

Thanks In Advance

Jon

Hi Thanh

Take a look at the soap toolkit.

Jon

"Thanh Nguyen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%234xGOch%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
> page?
>
> Thanks In Advance

GCR

Add a web reference to the service in your asp.net project and use the
generated proxy...

"Thanh Nguyen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
> page?
>
> Thanks In Advance

GCR

Sorry, I didn't payd attention to the question text!
The easiest way to do it, is by creating an class library as a serviced
component where you consume your web service. Since this library is a
serviced component, you could call it from your asp application through com
interop.

"GCR" wrote:

> Add a web reference to the service in your asp.net project and use the
> generated proxy...
>
> "Thanh Nguyen" wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
> > page?
> >
> > Thanks In Advance

Jon

That works only if the machine has .net framework installed

"GCR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I didn't payd attention to the question text!
> The easiest way to do it, is by creating an class library as a serviced
> component where you consume your web service. Since this library is a
> serviced component, you could call it from your asp application through
> com
> interop.
>
> "GCR" wrote:
>
>> Add a web reference to the service in your asp.net project and use the
>> generated proxy...
>>
>> "Thanh Nguyen" wrote:
>>

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
>> > page?
>> >
>> > Thanks In Advance
>> >

>> > *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***

agapeton@gmail.com

Just use XML parsing... making your own WS clients is beyond easy.
It's all about XML, just study Web Services and it should all just come
together for you.