Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Connection timeout (connection closing after 100 sec )

Connection timeout (connection closing after 100 sec )

shmuel witman

Hi,

Although I setting the Connection timeout of IIS 6.0 to 600 sec

I am still seeing the connection closing after 100 sec (via perfmon -
Current Connections of Web service).

The Enable HTTP Keep-Alives in the IIS is on.

And the client sends the HTTP header Connection: Keep-Alive.

Thanks

Shmuel

Peter Kelcey

Shmuel

There are a number of things that can affect timeouts on your web
service calls. Here's an overview

1) There is also a config setting in your machine.config that controls
the timeout for requests. The <httpRuntime> tag has an attribute called
executionTimeout that has a default of 90 seconds. It will affect the
timeout when you are not running underdebug mode.

2) In you web service you can user the Server.ScriptTimeout to set the
request timeout in terms of seconds

3) Finally (and probably most important to your scenario) the .NET
client proxy has a property called "Timeout". Have you set a value for
this property in your code? I think the default is 100 seconds. This
probably what is causing your timeout.

Hope that helps

Peter Kelcey

shmuel witman

Hi Peter,

In my question I asked about the connection that opens in the web server.

This connection should stay open until the end of the connection time or
renew on any new request

I think that your answer was about timeout of the request - response

You can this counter in prfmon app

Performance object: Web service

Counter: Current connections

(Current Connections is the current number of connections established with
the Web service)

Thanks

Shmuel

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...