Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Async webservice call in async webpage (.Net 2.0) does not return

Async webservice call in async webpage (.Net 2.0) does not return

Steven

Hi,

I'm exploring one of the new features in asp.net 2.0, being Async
webpages. I try to call a webservices asynchronously from a async page.
The webservice itself just sleeps for 2 sec and then returns
Datetime.Now. The webpage and webservice are hosted on 2 virtual
directories on my localhost website (IIS 5.1)

I use the RegisterAsyncTask function to call my webservice async
(Begin, End and Timeout are defined - see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...spx?print=true
example 7). From my logging I can see the webservice is called and
returns the value, but the webservice never seems to wakeup the async
page again to handle the final page stuff. So my browser keeps waiting
until the timeout value is reached.

I've been fighting with this stuff for the last four days, and so far
I've been loosing. Is there someone who has any idea to make me win
this? On a IIS 6 the same code seemed to work within 5 sec. I've been
playing with the machine.config settings without succes.

Any help would be very much appreciated !

a desperate man