Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forms based authentication once more

Forms based authentication once more

Morten

Hi!

I've implemented forms based authentication and it works really well. Except
when I access a subdirectory containing plain HTML files. Isn't it possible
to protect those using forms?

TIA

Morten

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

it is but they (files with .html extension) need to be mapped to be
processed by ASP.NET (map the extension with aspnet_isapi.dll in IIS). See
IIS configuration on how it is done for aspx extension and you get the clue
how it should be. The settings are also discussed at some level here:
http://www.asp.net/faq/SideBySide.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

"Morten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I've implemented forms based authentication and it works really well.

Except
> when I access a subdirectory containing plain HTML files. Isn't it

possible
> to protect those using forms?
>
> TIA
>
> Morten

Morten

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your help. It seems to work perfectly!

Morten

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...