Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Override the generated soap:address

Override the generated soap:address

Oscar Thornell

Hi,

I have a web service (.NET 1.1) that is deployed into a heavily fortified
area with a lot of different network segments/proxies/firewalls...

The server(Win 2003) in itself is not protected and the web service is
accessed using normal HTTP. However requests orginiating from other segments
are only allowed if they are made through HTTPS.

With a call to https://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx?wsdl the ASP.NET
runtime generates a wsdl file with a soap:address endpoint like this:
<soap:address location="http://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx" />

and I need it to look like this: <soap:address
location="https://someaddress/someapp/someservice.asmx" />

I have looked at Kirk Allens excellent post about this at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/kaevans/default.aspx
but unfortuntaly this is not .NET 2.0 and I will not be able to use the
"SoapExtensionReflector" class

How can I override or pregenerate the wsdl file that is served through the
runtime?

Any help is more than appreciated!

Regards
/Oscar