Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service Timer?

Web Service Timer?

Rudy

Hello All!!

I'm looking to create a timer, this is what I need it to do.
It's needs to be controlled by the server, START, STOP and amount of seconds
to countdown to.
The client computer will see the timer countdown and that's it. When the
countdown is at 0, the question and multiple choice answers will be disabled.

The next question will come up, disabled, and will only be enabled when the
person at the server starts the timer again.
This will be over a small network of 20 to 100 client workstations, and will
only be on a intranet.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Rudy

Joubert Nel

Hi Rudy,

In the .NET Framework 2.0 you could possibly use Async web service calls -
one in particular that will fire an event that could be called "TimeOut"...

Regards
Joubert

news:(E-Mail Removed)...