Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > dataset in a Web Service

dataset in a Web Service

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I have a web service. It works fine until it hits a
dataadapter.fill(dataset) Is it normal? it results in a "The page cannot be
displayed (HTTP 500)" page.

Dim dbMan As DBManager
Dim dbConn As IDbConnection
Dim dbDA As IDataAdapter
Dim dbCB As System.ComponentModel.Component
Dim dbds As DataSet
Dim dbRow As DataRow

dbType = MYSQL
dbParams = New DBParamMySQL
DirectCast(dbParams, DBParamMySQL).ServerName = <NotShown>
DirectCast(dbParams, DBParamMySQL).DBName = <NotShown>
DirectCast(dbParams, DBParamMySQL).Username = <NotShown>
DirectCast(dbParams, DBParamMySQL).Password = <NotShown>

'Get the DB Manager object setting the good db type and params
dbMan = New DBManager(dbType, dbParams)

dbConn = dbMan.GetNewConnection
dbDA = dbMan.GetNewDataAdapter("Select * From table1 where 0=1", dbConn)
dbCB = dbMan.GetNewCommandBuilder(dbDA)
dbDA.Fill(dbds) <--That's where is bugs

I have commented everything and tested and uncommented 1 line at a time and
everything works until I uncomment the Fill line...

Please help me, I'm lost.

Thanks

ThunderMusic

problem solved, I had to define a New dataset (dim dbds as NEW dataset)
grrrrr, stupid error!!

Thanks anyways...

news: %23x%231wW%(E-Mail Removed)...

DataSet and dataSet JimO ASP .Net 2 03-08-2006 02:39 PM
Ccopying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset Nedu N ASP .Net 1 10-31-2003 02:39 AM
DataSet to DataSet Joseph D. DeJohn ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments