Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Help :Use of WSDL to generate proxy class ??

Help :Use of WSDL to generate proxy class ??

serge calderara

Dear all,

I have created a simple web service application which is collectionf simple
data froma database a test purpose. Then I add reference to that web service
from my client application. When ruuning everything works well.

Then I trty to use the WSDL tool as a test to generate the proxy class with
the following:

WSDL.exe /language:VB C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL

when running this I get following error list reported by the tool :

Error: There was an error processing
'file:///C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL'.
- The document at the url file:///C:\myService\Bin\myService.dll?WSDL was
not recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (0, 0).'.
- There is an invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 3.
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'The data at the root level is invalid.
Line 1
, position 1.'.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'There is an invalid character in the given
encodi
ng. Line 1, position 3.'.

What does it all means ?
Does something need to be done on the Web service that I forgot ?

thanks for your help