Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Using an ASP.NET web service via NTLM authentication

Using an ASP.NET web service via NTLM authentication

Navin Mishra

Hi,

I'm trying to use an ASP.NET web service via NTLM authentication from a WSDL
generated .NET client proxy. From a browser when accessing web service URL
I'm challenged by NTLM access credentials and providing that works. But from
a .NET client that uses WSDL generated .NET client proxy, it does not work
do what I may. I've passed NetworkCredentials using various combinations of
user, domain and password like passing them explicitly, or using domain\user
comibnation but no luck. I always get 401 Unauthorized error. I'm using .NET
1.1, IIS 6 and WSE 2.0 SP3. The WSDL generated web service client proxy is
using WSE 2.0 SP3 btw.

I'm stuck on this. Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks in advance and regards

Navin