Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > How to change the IP of a web service?

How to change the IP of a web service?

Gary Nelson

I've seen a couple of explanations about this, but haven't really understood
how to do it.

The problem is this:

I have one asp.net page that will access multiple web services.

The web services are all the same one, just installed in different servers
with different IPs.

The web services have just one function.

How can I go about changing the IP each time I make the call so that the web
service of the server I designate is called?

Thanks ahead of time,

Gary

Peter Kelcey

Gary,

Set the URL property of the proxy to point to the location you want

Public Sub Example()

Dim webProxy as new localhost.webservice 'replace this with you
actual proxy declaration
webProxy.Url = "http://101.101.101.101/mywebservice.asmx"
webProxy.MyWebMethod()
webProxy.Url = "http://202.202.202.202/mywebservice.asmx"
webProxy.MyWebMethod()

End Sub

Hope that helps.

Peter Kelcey

Gary Nelson

Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a try.

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...