Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Web Service Client Cannot Connect to Web Service From Some Machine

Web Service Client Cannot Connect to Web Service From Some Machine

EagleRed@HighFlyingBirds.com

I have a Windows program written in C# that references a Web service. The
Web service has been deployed remotely. When I am on the machine (running XP
Pro) that both server and client was developed on I can set the dynamic URL
to reference the deployed Web service and things operate OK. However, when I
go to another machine I can display the WSDL page but the application cannot
make calls to the service. I get an HTTP 404 error. What is the problem?