Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Chr(13) : LOST

Chr(13) : LOST

Felix

We have a problem with the Chr(13) and WebServices (we are using VB.NET
2003).
If we have a string that contains the Chr(13) and the Chr(10) (just the
vbCrLf characters) and we pass it through a web service call, then the web
service recieves the string without the Chr(13). It seems that the Web
Service "eats" all Chr(13) out of all the characters of the string. It also
happens when the WebService returns a string with this character. How can we
solve that problem?

TIA

Felix Gardel

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Hi Felix,

Have you tried URL Encoding the newline character? You can try replacing it
with a %0A and that should get passed right, although your problem does seem
unusual at first glance.

-Altaf

www.mendhak.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...