Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WebService and Oracle very slow

WebService and Oracle very slow

Jonathan Gobeil

I'm doing a big project where an application in Vb.Net call some WebService
on a asp server who connect to oracle.

On my dev server, when the webservice connect to oracle there is no problem
and it's very fast but on my production server, it very slow, very very very
slow or do some time out.

All component (oracle, MDAC) are up to date, and it's not a netowrk problem
because when a try to speak to oracle on the server with another product,
it's very fast. It's also slow when I call the webservice from IE on the
same server where the webservice are.

IIS Dev Server: Intel Xeon 2.8gig 2 cpu, 1 gigs memory
windows 2000 server, sp4

IIS Prod Server : 2 servers in network load balancing
Intel Xeon 3.6gig 4 cpu, 4 gigs memory
Windows Advanced Server 2000, sp4

On the three server
Oracle 9i: 9.2.0.6
MDAC: 2.8 sp1
IIS: 5.0
Framework: 1.1

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Jonathan

Ziga Jakhel

Hmm... we have a similar problem, just with weaker servers. It turns out
that the problem with our setup is simply the load the production server is
under normally.

Any idea what the "regular" workload - beside your application/webservice -
on your production server is?

Regards,

Ziga

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...