Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice cooperating with any database.

Webservice cooperating with any database.

schnitzell

Hi !

I want to connect my webservice with any opensource database under .NET
platform
(After this I want to move this into MONO platform).
How to start with this? Which database will be best?
Please, any sugestions or directions or sites with knowledge.

Thanks.
Hans

Michael Nemtsev

Hello schnitzell,

Choosing DB depens from yo request.
Only one thing u have to take into account - don't allow WebService connect
to DB directly.
WS is only a facade. Use DAL to interact with DB

s> I want to connect my webservice with any opensource database under
s> .NET
s> platform
s> (After this I want to move this into MONO platform).
s> How to start with this? Which database will be best?
s> Please, any sugestions or directions or sites with knowledge.
s> Thanks.
s> Hans
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev
blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid. (c) Friedrich Nietzsche"