Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Import XSD schema into WSDL

Import XSD schema into WSDL

Wm. Scott Miller

I have an XSD file supplied by a company. I have to interact with a
webservice on their site but they didn't supply a WSDL. I generated my own
WSDL to communicate and copied and pasted the XSD into the file manually.
This worked, but makes the file huge. Additionally, I had to make some
modifications to the XSD to make it all work. What I'd like to do is
reference the XSD from my WSDL and define a schema in the WSDL to make the
"modifications" that I had to do to the original file to make it work. How
is this done? I've tried wsdl:import, xsd:import and XMLSpy is telling me
it cannot find the schema object I'm trying to use out of the XSD file.
Another time, I got a object already defined error (I have to create an
object with the same name as one in the XSD file and it is not detecting
that the file and the local XSD are different). Additionally, the WSDL.exe
gives me "A schema with the namespace '' has already been added"

What is going on and how to I do this?

Thanks,
Scott

Raghu

All you have to do is remove the targetnamespace attribute from schema
element in wsdl file. The WSDL needs wsdl as well as xsd file on the command
line.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...