Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I setup SSL on my LOCAL COMPUTER?

How can I setup SSL on my LOCAL COMPUTER?

anon

Hello,

I already have setup SSL on my production server via purchasing a
certificate and that seems to work fine as I can type in https:// and it
works fine.

However, I want AND need to be able to test my .ASPX webpages via SSL on my
local server.

What is the best way to this?

Thanks.

Ken Schaefer

Set up your own CA, and issue yourself a certificate?

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299525
HOWTO: Set Up SSL Using IIS 5.0 and Certificate Server 2.0

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=218445
How to Configure Certificate Server for Use with SSL on IIS (IIS v4.0 and
NT)

If you are using IIS 6.0, then you can use the tools in the Res Kit:

Cheers
Ken

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23b$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hello,
:
: I already have setup SSL on my production server via purchasing a
: certificate and that seems to work fine as I can type in https:// and it
: works fine.
:
: However, I want AND need to be able to test my .ASPX webpages via SSL on
my
: local server.
:
: What is the best way to this?
:
: Thanks.
:
:
:

Eric Lemmon

Hi Anon,

Since using SSL means (put simply) that you are using HTTPS in place of HTTP, you can test your application by changing the protocol as you mentioned.

You can also require secure communication for a web page using IIS:
- Go to the IIS snap-in in Computer Management.
- Right-click the folder (or file) for which you want to require SSL and select Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click the Edit button in the Secure Communications group box.
- Select the "Require secure channel (SSL)" check box, and click OK.

Take care,

Eric

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I already have setup SSL on my production server via purchasing a
> certificate and that seems to work fine as I can type in https:// and it
> works fine.
>
> However, I want AND need to be able to test my .ASPX webpages via SSL on my
> local server.
>
> What is the best way to this?
>
> Thanks.

anon