Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Control the ouput generated by VS when a web reference is added

Control the ouput generated by VS when a web reference is added

Jack Wright

Dear All,
We are building a application in WinForms and consume our business
objects via WebServices. When our developers create Forms and add a
Web reference to their project, they often need to modify the
reference.cs file that is generated. For e.g we clean the class
definitions that get generated at the end of the method declaration
section. We add our assembly references. Is there a way to control the
output (reference.cs) that gets generated so that the developer does
not have to clean up the reference.cs file? We would also like our
proxy class to be derived from our class rather than
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol. Please let me
know if this is possible.

TALIA
Many regards
Jack