Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Webservice handling amount of requests per sec/min.......

Webservice handling amount of requests per sec/min.......

Richard Heesbeen

Hi All,

Is there any indication of how many request a webservice can handle per say
second?

I know it will depend on the hardware used and what the webservice does, but
are there any articles floating around on the web or can someone give me
some numbers what they encountered with there projects. Any numbers would be
helpfull.

Thanks for your time,
Richard.

Bruce Johnson [C# MVP]

Since processing a web service request is the equivilant of processing a web
page request, I suspect that any information you find on the throughput of
IIS would apply. With all the natural caveats that you noted in effect, of
course.

--
Bruce Johnson [C# MVP]
http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/bruce