Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Post to Webservice returns error

Post to Webservice returns error

Ursli

When I try to test a (even supersimple) WebService on my developer PC
with the vs.net buildin tools,
(and they use POST for submiting), I get the following error:

Path 'POST' is forbidden.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Path 'POST' is forbidden.

Well, I did change my maschine.conf to allow
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
<add name="HttpSoap"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
<add name="Documentation"/>
</protocols>

but no luck. On any other maschine the same Webservice accept POST, so
anybody any idea what to do (expect from format my c?

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

"Ursli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1117095093.286052.105810
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
> When I try to test a (even supersimple) WebService on my developer PC
> with the vs.net buildin tools,
> (and they use POST for submiting), I get the following error:

Check your IIS settings on that application.

Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu