Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Running Webservice under 'aspnet' entity....

Running Webservice under 'aspnet' entity....

Tim Reynolds

I just reloaded my pc with XP Pro from W2000. I had to reload all my
software as well. Here is the one last problem. One web service I use does
IBM MQ activity. In the past, the web service had no permission issues with
this. Now, I get a 2035 user authorization. The MQ Cluster is on a remote
machine. On this remote machine, I can see in the event viewer the message
that 'aspnet' entity lacks the authority to connect. Thus, apparently, my
web service is running under the aspnet iD. Under my old configuration, it
must not have been, b/c nothing has been changed on the remote server. If
aspnet doesn't have permission now to connect to MQ object, it didn't
previously. So, I believe that I used to run the web service under an ID
authorized to do this MQ work. I also have XP Pro on my home PC and have no
problems using the same web service. I have went into IIS and make the
settings on my work PC identical to those on my home PC,but each time I run
from work PC- it goes with 'aspnet' id and fails MQ authorization. The
settings I have in IIS under default web site - properties - Directory
Security - (first edit button) - Anonymous access is checked and User name is
IUSR_HOME-SCHOOL1 and Allow IIS to control password. I also have
integrated windows authentication checked.

Under my virutal directory properties in IIS, under Direcotry Security -
(first edit) I also have integrated windows authentication checked. I have
made various attempts with different combinations here and previous page.

On my home PC (where this works correctly), ASPNET is a member of USERS &
IUSR_HOME-SCHOOL1 is a members of GUEST group. I have set up these the same
on my work PC. All to no avail. I am frustrated, because under my old W2K
setup at work (where I sign in as a domain user in Administrator group on my
computer) and at home (where I sign is a local user in Administrator group),
I was/am able to run the webservice under some - non-ASPNET id - although I
don't konw what it is, but is has proper authority. I need that set up the
same on my work Pc now.

Please help.

THanks,
Tim