Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Disabling the soap formatter!

Disabling the soap formatter!

mehdi_mousavi

Hi folks,
Is there anyway to disable the soap formatter for a specific web
service? Consider the following web method:

string Method1(int param1)
{
return "test";
}

when the mentioned method is called, something like this is returned to
the caller:

<?xml version "1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns....

However, I'd like the caller to receive a plain text string, say,
"test", without being formatted into soap.

Any idea?

Thanks
Mehdi

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

"mehdi_mousavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
> However, I'd like the caller to receive a plain text string, say,
> "test", without being formatted into soap.

Thats not a webservice then. Look at HTTP handlers, or .ashx files.

Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

any library for SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2? Amogh Hooshdar Python 1 03-11-2008 09:29 PM
SOAP Request is repeated in the SOAP response. comp.text.xml XML 0 09-20-2006 08:41 AM
SOAP over JMS vs SOAP over HTTP Nagesh Java 2 08-12-2006 12:31 AM
To SOAP or Not To SOAP? mooseshoes XML 3 09-21-2003 04:38 PM
SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit Sham Ramakrishnan ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 11:29 AM

Advertisments