Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Lookup Tables in Webservice

Lookup Tables in Webservice

Michael C#

I have 4 - 5 lookup tables in a SQL Server database. What's the best (or
recommended) way to read all these values into memory for my Web Service one
time, so I don't have to keep opening connections to the server and pulling
the same records across the network?

Thanks

Brock Allen

You can utilize the HttpContext.Current.Cache in your webservice.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I have 4 - 5 lookup tables in a SQL Server database. What's the best
> (or recommended) way to read all these values into memory for my Web
> Service one time, so I don't have to keep opening connections to the
> server and pulling the same records across the network?
>
> Thanks

Michael C#

Thank you, I'll give it a shot!

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...