Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Invalid at the top level of the document

Invalid at the top level of the document

Ray

I am trying to connect with a vb.net application to my webservice published
with an ISP. I get the following error when browsing for asmx?wsdl with IE
from my development PC:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource
'http://www.myurl.com/serv.asmx?WSDL'.

When I try and connect to it from VS.Net then I get the following error:

The document at the url http://www.myurl.com/serv.asmx?wsdl was not
recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (1,
23262).'.
- There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 23304.
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL
http://www.myurl.com/serv.asmx?wsdl could not be found.'.
- The document format is not recognized.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make sure that the root
element is <schema> and the namespace is 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
for an XSD schema or 'urn:schemas-microsoft-comml-data' for an XDR schema.
An error occurred at , (1, 41).'.

What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks