Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > webservices simple example problem

webservices simple example problem

jeroen.van.vlierden@singulus.nl

Hello,

I am trying to get familiar with the possibilities of webservices
under
the .Net development environment. I have created from the .Net 2003
IDE
a test application ASP .Net Webservice

I have uncommented the "Hello World" Section in the code and when I
run
the program with F5 it shows me the list of available methods in the
service. Obviously that is only 1 method: Hello World.

When I click it I go to a testpage that says

"To test the operation using the HTTP POST protocol, click the
'Invoke'
button. "

When I do that Internet Explorer says "Page not Found"

What am i doing wrong that causes the most simple program (without a
line of my own coding in it) to go wrong??

I have now also tried this on my home computer which also runs XP-PRO
and Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 and IIS.

It works fine! At work however I can't figure out why this simple
example does not work. It has to be some kind of security setting or
policy.

Can anyone please give me a clue here?

thanks in advance

Jeroen

Rick Boardman

Jeroen, I don't have the answer but have a problem I think may be similar.
Please see the post on 4/26/2005 with subject "wrong Host on example invoke
pages". and let me know if your problem matches.

btw Microsoft.. the 4/26 post is much more than 2 days ago. a little long
for a response on a managed newsgroup subscription. Any attention that can
be given to this matter would be greatly appriciated.

Jeroen van Vlierden

Someone at work here this morning, who was on a .NET course yesterday,
suggested the right solution!!

He had something similar during his course yesterday and the course
leader suggested that c:\windows\temp should be open for user ASPNET to
write files in.

On the work computers here we get a pre-installed image and somehow
somebody seems to think that this directory shouldn't be open (as is by
default).

I definitely think this a bug in the .Net framework as well by the way.
It should check if it wants to create a file in the temp directory that
it has the rights to do so