Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Accessing IIS Logfile configuration properties

Accessing IIS Logfile configuration properties

IIS LogFile configuration properties....

I want my websvc to read the logfile directory path from IIS configuration
Properties, thereby store my websvc log messages in a file created in that
directory.
The reason is that the websvc has to be installed on several servers and I
donot want to hardcode the logfile path in the code. I get an error "Run-time
exception thrown : System.Exception - Cannot create ActiveX component."
" on GetObject Call, when I tried the following code.

Dim IISOBJ, Servername, WebSiteID
Dim flag2 As String
flag2 = ""

Servername = "localhost"
WebSiteID = 1

IISOBJ = GetObject("IIS://" & Servername & "/W3SVC/" & WebSiteID)

If (IISOBJ.LogType = 0) Then
flag2 = "Disabled"
Else
flag2 = "Enabled"
End If
flag2 = IISOBJ.LogFileDirectory

I read about the metabase issues...but didnt know what to do....
Is this a security issue? If so, how do I work around it..Thanks a million

Logfile analysis API Andreas Java 0 05-10-2005 06:53 PM
How to access logfile directory path from IIS =?Utf-8?B?TXVubnU=?= ASP .Net 0 04-22-2005 04:34 PM
Help analyze HijackThis logfile, Please Cynthia K. Computer Support 7 07-15-2004 01:02 AM
Re: Accessing AD from IIS 6 vs IIS 5 Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) ASP .Net 0 05-07-2004 02:59 PM
Logfile Nick Withers Computer Support 1 11-18-2003 11:35 AM

Advertisments