Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Calling a webservice from a webservice

Calling a webservice from a webservice

bgauvey@gmail.com

Well, I dont really want to call a webservice, but the class that I
need is in a webservice and I dont see the need for serialization if I
am calling it locally. So what do I need to do to call a method that
is marked as a webmethod in a webservice class without creating the
webreference? Can I reference is as an object and get to it? There is
just a lot of unneeded overhead to call a method locally and I dont
want to rewrite it.

DC

did you try calling the method directly?

....and what happened?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Well, I dont really want to call a webservice, but the class that I
> need is in a webservice and I dont see the need for serialization if I
> am calling it locally. So what do I need to do to call a method that
> is marked as a webmethod in a webservice class without creating the
> webreference? Can I reference is as an object and get to it? There is
> just a lot of unneeded overhead to call a method locally and I dont
> want to rewrite it.

Bill

ok, it was the gremlins. I came to work this morning and it works, I
guess it was something in visual studio maybe. Dont know, but it is
working now