Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > WSDL.exe Usage

WSDL.exe Usage

Tom_B

Trying to generate class file from a WSDL file.

I have tried the following from the command-line prompt in VB.NET

wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb LogAccessService_v1.wsdl

wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
is not valid.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Keith Elder

Tom_B wrote:
> Trying to generate class file from a WSDL file.
>
> I have tried the following from the command-line prompt in VB.NET
>
> wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb LogAccessService_v1.wsdl
>
> wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
> is not valid.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Are you issuing this command from the Visual Studio command prompt or
are you just going to start->run->cmd.exe? There is a difference.

-Keith

Tom Porterfield

Tom_B wrote:
> Trying to generate class file from a WSDL file.
>
> I have tried the following from the command-line prompt in VB.NET
>
> wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb LogAccessService_v1.wsdl
>
> wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
> is not valid.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Run wsdl.exe inside a Visual Studio.NET Command Window, as that sets the
correct path statement to allow wsdl.exe to run without the fully qualified
path name. You'll find the shortcut for Visual Studio.NET Command Prompt in
the Visual Studio.NET Tools subfolder on the start menu under Visual
Studio.NET.

Either that or you will need to provide the full path to wsdl.exe. On a
VS.NET 2003 installation that would default to c:\program files\microsoft
visual studio .net 2003\sdk\v1.1\bin\wsdl.exe
--
Tom Porterfield

Tom_B

"Keith Elder" wrote:

> Are you issuing this command from the Visual Studio command prompt or
> are you just going to start->run->cmd.exe? There is a difference.

Keith,

Issuing the command from VS command window.

Does the tool need to be installed or anything?