Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Dynamically Connect to Web Service?

Dynamically Connect to Web Service?

T-Man

Hello,

I have an application in C# that makes calls to a web service and the app
currently contains a reference to a WSDL.

Since the server technology is a commercial product, some customers have
their own servers, etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to dynamically point the application to
any appropriate WSDL which would allow the C# code to continue to make the
simple method calls, etc.?

Regards,

Todd

Amil

I don't think so...a big drawback of VS 2003...but suppose to be fixed in
next version.

Amil

"T-Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have an application in C# that makes calls to a web service and the app
> currently contains a reference to a WSDL.
>
> Since the server technology is a commercial product, some customers have
> their own servers, etc.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to dynamically point the application to
> any appropriate WSDL which would allow the C# code to continue to make the
> simple method calls, etc.?
>
> Regards,
>
> Todd

Keith Elder

Have you looked into UDDI? Using UDDI you can programtically figure out
which web service to call.

Start here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ntimeuddi1.asp

-Keith