Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Async Web Service - Is BeginFunction/End Function required?

Async Web Service - Is BeginFunction/End Function required?

Lucas Tam

Hi all,

In some examples online, the authors explicitly define a BeginFunction and
EndFunction for async web services. Is this truely required? Will the built
in BeginFunction/EndFunction methods suffice (VS.NET or .NET 1.1 seems to
pregenerate a Begin/End method for each of my functions in my web service)?

Is there any advantage to writing your own BeginFunction/EndFunction?

Thanks.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))