Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > question about messaging with web services

question about messaging with web services

Secret Squirrel

Hi All,

Let's say I have a web service InternalService1 that expose 30 web
methods. This web service is only exposed internally, and it does not
take a parameter for the "customer ID" (not required by WSDL).

Lets say I have a second web service ExternalService1 that exposes 30
identical web methods, except this second set of web methods each take
an additional "customer ID" parameter.

So, I want to map the messages from the InternalService1 to the other
web service ExternalService1. When InternalService1 is called, I want
to stick a "customer ID" with a value indicating an internal customer
is using the server.

I suppose I can write code in InternalService1 like this:

[WebMethod]
void Foo1(int someParam)
{
InternalService1Insance.Foo1(someParam, internalCustomerID);
}

but this is not very elegant? I would really like to say, these are the
same services, except this internal one adds a parameter. I think it
would be easy to modify the XML in the message to add this additional
parameter...

Thanks,

Jon Paugh