Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > SOAP calls to a server from a Windows Forms app

SOAP calls to a server from a Windows Forms app

TC

Hello All,

I'm building a COM object using C# and I need to communicate with a server
via SOAP.

Unfortunately, all of the samples that I've seen target ASP.Net, config
files, etc.

Therefore, I figured these newsgroups would have the most experience and may
be able to assist me.

Does anyone have a quick & dirty sample of how to make SOAP calls from
within a Windows Forms application using C#?

What assemblies need to be referenced?

Thanks & Regards,

TC

erymuzuan

You could use wsdl.exe to generate web service proxy from a wsdl, then
add it to your project, you'll need to reference to
System.Web.Serivices.dll.

regards
erymuzuan mustapa