Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > Service Installation error

Service Installation error

rkbnair

I have created a service and when try to install it, the following message
appears.

"the account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid
for the account name specified"

Is there any fix for this please?

Thanks.

Henk Verhoeven

rkbnair,

It sounds like the account credentials you are using at the time of your
installation does not exist in the domain.

I assume you are NOT running your service with the local system account, but
another user. Try installing it using the localsystem account instead and
see if you get a successful install, then follow the next recommendations

During installation you will have to create that user on the machine or
allow that machine to see the user/domain you are using.

henk
"rkbnair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have created a service and when try to install it, the following message
> appears.
>
> "the account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid
> for the account name specified"
>
> Is there any fix for this please?
>
> Thanks.

rkbnair

Hi,

I tried the LocalService,NetworkService,LocalSystem, and User.
In all cases, I get the same error while installing it.