Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > .NET limits a number of HTTP connections

.NET limits a number of HTTP connections

ildar

I believe it was discussed here before but I can't find.

So here's a problem:

For each request I synchronously call a Web Service but .NET limits a number
of HTTP connections you can establish from a particular process. The default
number = 2. So if 2 requests are waiting for Web service response and the
third request is coming ASP.NET serializes outbound HTTP connection as all(2)
HTTP connections are taken. You can increase the number of connections
setting System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLi mit = 10 for
example.

Again this is my interpretaion of this issue. I'm not sure if it's correct.

But if it's correct my question is:

As DefaultConnectionLimit = 2 is coming from HTTP spec is it a viable design
to call HTTP web service from a web client.

--
Ildar

ildar

Some info regarding this issue: