Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Services > wsdl.exe with username & password

wsdl.exe with username & password

Asaf

Hi,

I am generating a proxy for web service with the wsdl.exe with username &
password.

Wsdl.exe testservice.wsdl /u:test /p:12345

I can't see the user & password in the generated class testservice.cs

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Asaf

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

Asaf,

> I am generating a proxy for web service with the wsdl.exe with username &
> password.
>

> Wsdl.exe testservice.wsdl /u:test /p:12345
>

> I can't see the user & password in the generated class testservice.cs

That's how it is supposed to work. That username and password is provided
only so that WSDL.EXE can access the WSDL file from the webserver, not to
embedded in the proxy code (which would make little sense, anyway, because
you're not supposed to embed those things in code).

You can use credentials if you want by adding them to the Credentials
Property of the client-side proxy class before doing the call.

--
Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/